Warning: Late repayment can cause you serious money problems. For help, go to moneyadviceservice.org.uk
Most adults end up taking out loans. Think about it for second: If you purchase a vehicle, real estate, or you simply need to pay for your dog’s surgery, will likely require a loan. Don’t dive into the deep end though; not every loan is created equal.
The APR (Annual Percentage Rate), repayment terms, and loan conditions are important. Before you sign on the dotted line, be sure that you obtain a loan quote. This will tell you precisely what repayments you will have to make over the duration of your loan. This quote also lists the interest rate that you will be paying. Short-term loans are available from leading online lenders at a fixed interest rate of 180% per year. That translates into their 0.5% interest per day. Avoid going with lenders that charge higher interest rates – this will be much more difficult to pay back.
• Always shop around for the best rates and loan terms before borrowing money. Try to avoid high interest loans. You certainly don’t want to pay more than you have to.
• Borrowing money will affect your budget. When you take on additional financial responsibilities, your budget will be affected. You will have less personal disposable income available for day-to-day activities.
• Don’t co-sign on a loan for somebody else unless you are fully prepared to repay all that debt on your own. Many people who require cosigners are unable to make monthly repayments on loans, and you may end up being liable for the debt.
• Be realistic about your ability to repay the loan. Many people overstate their incomes to qualify for loans. You may believe that this is helping you, but it may be hurting you if you’re required to pay back more than you can afford to. It’s important to disclose all your liabilities when applying for a loan – since you may be biting off more than you can chew.
• Determine what loan is best for you. We have already established that not all loans are created equal, but what does that mean? Is it better for you to apply for a personal loan? A business loan? Perhaps you should use a debt consolidation loan or transfer your balance to a 0% APR credit card instead? You may wish to compare payday loans providers to see what they can offer you as well.
• Try to improve your credit score before you apply for a loan. While not always possible, this is a good idea. Many of us require short-term loans at a moment’s notice, but if you know that you will need to apply for an installment loan in the future, try and improve your credit score. You can do this by making timely repayments on your debts, minimizing your credit utilization ratio, and restricting the number of accounts you open. Stay on top of your credit score and report any anomalies to the credit bureaus.
These tips will help you to avoid making costly mistakes when borrowing money. Remember: get a loan quote, and check out how payday loans compare to other credit providers.
Rapid technological advances have re-shaped the loan market.Read More